Sofy is a secure platform through which you can receive messages from your healthcare professional,
book appointments with your family doctor and other professionals, and view your list of past and
future appointments. Any user from the clinic can send you messages and documents, including results
and exam requisitions. Your data is protected and stored securely.
Create an account on the portal
- To sign up on the portal, you must have a Health Insurance Number (from Quebec or elsewhere) and
an email address.
- If you have received an email invitation from your clinic, access the portal by clicking on the
link provided. Otherwise, go to https://ofys.ca/sofy
- Click on "Sign up" and create your account using the email address that is in your file at the
clinic as well as your Health Insurance Number (HIN).
- If necessary, click on the "?" to know the password complexity criteria.
Link your account to your clinic
- First, make sure you have given your email address at the clinic; it must be in your file, along
with your HIN.
- Go to "My Clinics" and search for your clinic by typing minimum 4 letters. All sites affiliated
with a Family Medicine Group (FMG) are grouped under the same clinic.
- Click on "Add" to link your account to this clinic.
If you encounter problems at this step, please see the "Unable to link your account to your
clinic?" section below.
- If a match is found at your clinic, you will receive an activation code by email. Enter this
code where indicated on the Sofy page to confirm the connection to your clinic.
- You can link more than one clinic to your account.
Access your messages
Sofy messaging allows you to securely receive messages, results and exam requisitions from your clinic.
Your data is protected and stored securely on this platform.
Thanks to Sofy, you can receive your test results and requisitions from the comfort of your home. You
avoid the cost and time of traveling to your clinic to retrieve these documents, as well as the risks
associated with the transmission of confidential information by standard email. You will be notified by
email whenever new messages are received.
- Go to "My Messages".
- If you have not already done so, you will need to link your account to your clinic.
- Messages in bold are unread. Simply click on a message to open it, and click on an attachment to
- The user of the clinic will be notified that your message has been read.
This service is offered by Logiciels Info-Data, and the data is encrypted and stored with the highest
Book an appointment
Please note that your clinic may not be using the online appointment feature; please inquire with
- Go to "Book an Appointment".
- If necessary, provide a reason for the visit (it must be written before searching for an
- To find the next available appointment among all professionals, simply click on "Find Next
- To make an appointment with your main provider, check "With my treating professional".
- To make an appointment with one of your other professionals (e.g., your nutritionist), check
"With one of my other professionals". Note that this professional must be listed in your file at
- To choose a professional from a drop-down menu, check "With a specific professional" and then
choose from the options.
- If necessary, change the date and time to find an appointment after a certain date or in the
evening, for example.
- The appointment option that appears on the screen is reserved for 5 minutes. To confirm the
reservation, click on "Reserve this appointment". To display the next available appointment,
click on "Find next availability", or change the date and time before relaunching the search.
Edit profile information
- Go to "My Profile".
- You can change your information there. If the link was already created between your account and
your clinic, it will not be broken even if you change the HIN or the email address.
- The modified information will not be transmitted to your clinic. To modify the information in
your file, please contact your clinic.
Unable to create an account?
- If an account already exists with this email address, use another address.
Unable to link your account to your clinic?
- Make sure you have entered the correct HIN. If necessary, change the information in "My
- Contact the clinic to ensure that there are no errors in your HIN in your file.
- Verify with the clinic that there are no duplicates of your file in their database (only one
file should contain your HIN and your email address simultaneously).
- Verify with the clinic that your email address is written in lower case in your file.
- If you need to change the email address in your file at the clinic, also change it in your
profile on Sofy before making the link.
FAQ: How can I receive messages or book appointments for my children?
In order to receive messages or reserve appointments for your children, you need to create a Sofy
account for them. Use an email address other than the one used with your own account (an address can
only be used once).
In a future version of the Sofy patient portal, you will be able to receive messages for your children
directly in your Sofy account.
Sofy Patient Portal - Future Versions
In a future version, it will be possible to update your demographic information and send it to the
clinic, fill out forms and send messages to the clinic (if the clinic allows it).
Please contact your clinic if you have any questions about the Sofy